KUON was founded in 2016 in Tokyo by Shinichiro Ishibashi who is a former pattern maker of kolor. This up-and-comer’s specialty is renovating vintage Japanese clothes or textiles called Boro for its clothing. With the value of not only the tradition but also the timelessness and authenticity, it creates simple and classic design using vintage fabric.
KUON utilizes Japanese traditional techniques and old Boro textiles for its pants, for example, some are dyed in Ryukyu indigo, and some are patched up with Boro. They are often one-off items and unique so no identicals exist. The brand offers work pants, chino and shorts.
PANTS’ PRICE RANGE
- 5 Up-And-Coming Tokyo Brands You Need to Know
- FW17 Pre-view: KUON’s Ai-Zome Corduroy Pants
- FW17 Pre-view: KUON’s Wide Pants made of 50’s Czechoslovakian Tent Covers
- KUON Spring & Summer 2017 Pre-view
- Event Report: Pop-up Event of KUON in BROOKLYN
- Event: Pop-up Event of KUON in BROOKLYN
- TAPERED PANTS from KUON @CIRCLE