STUDIO D’ARTISAN was established in 1979 in Osaka by a designer who learned it in France in order to bring back the none-mass-produced classic jeans. He started the brand to break the vicious cycle of mass production of clothing by manufacturing long lasting jeans in Okayama. It was one of the most popular denim brands when the world fell in love with Japanese selvage denim in the ’90s.
STUDIO D’ARTISAN is a jeans specialist. It’s reproduced vintage American jeans for the first time nack in the 80’s in Japan. The very first model DO-1 is its iconic jeans. The brand offers many variety of quality jeans that are made in Japan with vintage power looms.
PANTS’ PRICE RANGE
¥13,800 ~ ¥50,000
- Event Report: Inazuma Festival 2018 Spring
- Inazuma Festival 2018
- Event Report: INAZUMA Festival 2016 in Tokyo
- PROCESS OF MANUFACTURING JEANS
- WWII JEANS FROM JAPANESE DENIM BRANDS
- STUDIO D’ARTISAN
- EDITORIAL: 4 REASONS OKAYAMA DENIM IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD
- SD-103 from STUDIO D’ARTISAN @M’ARIJUAN
- Shop Report: M’ARIJUAN Harajuku of STUDIO D’ARTISAN